What's for dinner?
OK, let's talk dinner. Is it just me, or is it torturous to have to come up with a meal, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! I know it's coming, everyday. And yet somehow I keep putting off coming up with a plan for dinner. In all honesty, preparing ahead and making a meal plan helps me tremendously. Then I'm not scrambling the day of trying to figure out what to make, only to realize that I'm lacking half of the ingredients of whatever I finally choose. So my advice is do a meal plan, it will help. How you plan is entirely up to you and what works for you and your family. I have friends who plan two or three days out at a time and others who make a list of meals for two weeks but don't assign them to a certain day. I like to do a month long list and put it on a calendar. Something like this:


Figure out what works for you, and do that! I plan for the month and list all the ingredients I'll need to buy. Then I'm set for the whole month of dinners!
Now, what about recipes? Do you feel like you make the same five things over and over? I do!!! And the worst thing is when I try and search for new recipes and they have ingredients I've never even heard of! Like my kids are going to eat that stuff...So I'm going to post an easy and family friendly recipe:
Weeknight Lasagna Toss


I am not a big fan of green peppers, so I leave those out. I also stir in 1/2 c ricotta or cottage cheese to make it a little more like real lasagna. I serve this with french bread and a salad. It's fast, it's easy, it's good, and it only dirties one pan! I hope your family likes it as much as mine!
Comments
Post a Comment