What do I love? BOOKS!

One of my favorite past times is reading.  It's an amazing way to experience life through another perspective. I love learning about other places and cultures.  I love learning about history, imagining the impossible, and exploring the unknown.  Books allow me to do all these things! And let's be honest, sometimes you just need an escape from the chaos, am I right?  So I am going to share a book I loved, and I hope you will enjoy it too!


Image result for before we were yours

This book tells two stories, one set in Tennessee in the 1940s and one set in modern-day South Carolina.  You are transported back in time to Rill and her family of river gypsies.  She and her siblings are stolen from their parents and taken to the Tennessee Children's Home Society.  Though the main characters are fictional, the difficulties and tragedies represented are real.  In the present you will meet Avery.  She feels a connection to an elderly woman she briefly encounters and is compelled to learn more about her family's mysterious past.  You'll feel the connection of family ties across time, distance, and generations.  I loved the story-telling in this book and the love shared between the families!

Comments

  1. Sounds like such a great read! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. If you end up reading it, let me know what you think!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts